Monday, May 5, 2008

Movie time

And so finally, in between seasons 5 and 6, I got to walk The X-Files movie Fight The Future. This marked my longest time on a treadmill -- 2 hours and 4 minutes, where I covered over 7 miles and burned 1,200 calories. Not bad work for a movie watcher. I did take two breaks: one for a water top up, and the second when, after 100 minutes, the threadmill decided I couldn't possibly still be using it, so switched itself off. I nearly flew backwards into the wall behind me.. quite a shock I can tell you.


Speaking of movies, the second X-Files movie (which I'm walking towards) now has a name: I Want To Believe. This is of course a tag line from the famous UFO poster in Mulder's office. I'm trying to avoid all the juicy details about the film, I want my first viewing of it to be a complete surprise. But it sure is tempting to search the internet for the latest movie news!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it about time you started to run?

Anonymous said...

Run every day for 45 minutes? You think I'm CRAZY! A steady walk with an occasional beer in hand... that's the way to true fitness and inner peace :-)

Anonymous said...

I found some interesting news about the movie that will indeed be called "I want to believe", but with the tag line "in the cheese". Apparently the plot involves some mice that left earth thousands of years ago in a quest to mine cheese from the moon... These mice are now returning to live in the legendary "Cathedral City"... (although they are worried that the deck might be a bit too big)