Monday, January 14, 2008

Best and worst

Eighteen episodes in, and things have really started to pick up in the first season of the X-Files. Some great stories, including the alien abduction of Max Fenig, and the government conspiracy surrounding an EBE. Cell phones have finally made it, and the special effects crew is in full swing. I've had some very pleasurable 45 minute walks. But you have to take the good with the bad, and they don't get much worse than the episode Shapes. A 20-minute story about a shape-shifing man/beast agonisingly stretched over 45. The ending (when it finally mercifully came) suggests that these attacks will happen every eight years. A lead character shouts "Mulder -- see you in eight years". "I hope not" replies Mulder. Thankfully the writers agreed, and I won't be suffering through this again in season eight!

Regarding the Monday weigh-in. I walked 24 miles this week, burning 3,771 calories. Unfortunately that was barely enough to counter the chocolate snacks, beers, and beef as I weighed in at 186lbs -- the same as last week. I'll put that down to an increase in calf muscles or something :-)

No comments: