Monday, January 21, 2008

Another week, another pound

Although not quite up to par with The Biggest Loser, the Walking The X-Files challenge has now seen me lose a "whopping" 3 pounds, with one pound shed this week. Not an amazing total, but remember all I'm doing is walking an extra 45 minutes a day, without any other changes in diet or exercise.

According to the Medical Review Board, a pound of fat equals 3,500 calories. So assuming my current diet keeps my weight stable, if I burn 3,500 additional calories through exercise, I should lose a pound of weight. That's holding true so far: to burn 3 pounds I'd need to expend 10,500 calories. So far I've burned 10,855 and indeed lost 3 pounds. Spooky!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent steady progress on the weight-loss! Are you sure it's from the excercise or could it be some spooky coincidence with the closure of the local Golden Corral? The truth is out there...

ps. "Where's the beef?"